A deliciously healthy spin on everyone’s favorite comfort food… Chinese. Switch it up by serving over the classic steamed white or brown rice, quinoa, or even nontraditionally over zucchini noodles, spaghetti squash, or your pick of mixed vegetables. This one’s a keeper!
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups steamed broccoli or green beans
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seed oil
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (If ground ginger is preferred, reduce to 1/4 tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- After properly cleaning the chicken, cut it into bite size pieces and cook in a frying pan over medium heat with the sesame seed oil until golden brown (Approximately 5-10 minutes)
- While the chicken is browning, place all ingredients for the sauce in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- When the chicken is fully cooked, place in a bowl and set aside.
- Without cleaning the frying pan, place the sauce mixture in and place back on the stove over medium/high heat.
- Bring the sauce to a boil stirring often for about 15-20 minutes until it has thickened. (As a reference, you will know it has thickened if you scrape the sides of the pan and the sauce pulls away a bit)
- After the sauce has thickened, place the cooked chicken back in the pan with the sauce and mix together to fully coat the chicken.
- Serve over your choice of rice, quinoa, or vegetables
- Sprinkle with a teaspoon of sesame seeds (or more to taste) & ENJOY 🙂
Prep time: 10 mins Cook Time: 35 mins Total Time: 45 mins